- You can now build bicycle routes (
"mode": "bicycle"). When building a bicycle route, you can exclude new types of roads using the filters parameter: stairways, overpasses, underpasses, and car roads.
- You can now set a list of areas to avoid when building a route. See the Excluding areas section for more info.
- You can now specify the direction of movement for the start and end point of the route. See the azimuth parameter for more info.
- You can now build taxi routes (
"mode": "taxi"). They work exactly like regular car routes, except they additionally include public transport lanes.
- Route points now have an optional distance_direction parameter. You can use it to set the distance from the starting point in meters maintaining the direction of movement. If
distance_directionis set, the response will include an additional field
reliabilitythat indicates the accuracy of the calculated route.
- Added the
typerequest parameter, which allows you to set a route type (shortest by time or by distance).
- Added the
filtersrequest parameter, which allows you to exclude certain road types from a route. For more details, see Directions API.
start_timerequest parameter is now optional. If start time is not set, the current time is used.
modefield has been removed from the response.